There are many nutrients that support the prevention of injury and recovery from injury. Does collagen have superpowers, no. Is it going to give you an instant facelift, thick hair, and long nails, no. But has it been shown to be beneficial for joint pain and recovery with a faster return to training.
Vitamin C, omega3 and calcium featuring in this smoothie as other great nutrients to support recovery from injury. the recipe below serves one.
- 150ml coconut milk
- 3 tbsp natural pot set yoghurt
- 1/2 banana
- 1/3 cup strawberries & raspberries
- 2 tsp ground chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp collagen powder
- 1/2 cup ice
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender/Vitamix
- Blend until smooth and enjoy! – Remember to chew your smoothies to allow for effective digestion.
- Dairy Free? Use coconut yoghurt.
- Frozen bananas make the smoothie nice & thick. The riper the bananas the sweeter the smoothie.
- Collagen – I have used Nutraviva, Perfect Supplements or ATP Science NOWAY