It’s not even cool weather, but I had a hankering for a bowl of porridge this morning and I was after a protein hit post-training so here was the protein peach porridge. Oats are a nourishing breakfast, particularly in winter! They are a source of fibre and contain beta-glucans which are helpful at maintaining healthy cholesterol levels. Enjoy!
- 40g vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 small apple (grated)
- Fresh peach
- 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt
- Mix the oats, grated apple and cinnamon with 3/4-1 cup of water (this will depend on how thick you like your oats!
- Bring to the boil, add protein powder and simmer with the lid on until cooked.
- Serve with sliced fresh peach and coconut yoghurt.
- If you prefer natural yoghurt over coconut, go for it, it’s an additional source of protein.
- Not a cinnamon fan? Swap for vanilla powder instead.
- Use rolled oats instead of quick oats for a better consistency.