In many of my discussions around digestion, I talk about constipation being one of the factors commonly associated with bloating. Ginger acts as a laxative and prokinetic to aid with gastrointestinal motility and moving of the bowels. Ginger can be added to cooking, teas, or taken as a supplement.
Ginger is also beneficial for easing nausea and in relation to sport, eating lollies such as Buderim Ginger Bears can be a great way to gain glucose and ease any nausea in endurance races. And the cute little ginger bears won’t have a therapeutic amount of ginger to increase laxation, so you won’t need to run to the loo!
- 4tsps of fresh ginger
- 2 cups of water
- 1tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Add water and ginger into a saucepan and bring to boil
- Drop heat once boiling and simmer for 5-10 minutes with a lid on
- Add lemon to taste just prior to pouring into two cups
- Add raw honey to taste if you prefer a little sweeter
- Can add turmeric, cayenne pepper & garlic in winter for an immune boost